Grab all your gum drops and your peppermint sticks, your gingerbread recipe and your little bag of tricks!
Join us for a Kids Holiday Ice Cream Social on Saturday, December 7 from 2-4pm. Complimentary face painting, story telling, crafts (first come, first served!) and $1 small cones for all, plus our in-house photographer will capture the fun to share with you on Facebook! And… furry friends are welcome too! Our little way of saying Thanks! for a great year, and get in the holiday spirit without breaking the bank.
Just thinking about Thanksgiving make your jeans feel a little snug, doesn’t it? It should. The average meal packs an belt-loosening 3,500 calories and snooze-inducing 229 grams of fat. And it’s not the turkey’s fault. It’s the butter, sugar, cream laden sides and desserts.
But before you do something crazy, like swear off dessert to shave off some extra calories, consider replacing high-calories, high-fat ingredients with lighter versions.
Here’s our “d’liteful” take on pumpkin pie – an indulgent, low-calorie alternative sure to satisfy that sweet tooth and keep you feeling fit.
Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie with Spiced Pecans
1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
1 tablespoon agave syrup
3 tablespoons coconut oil or Earth Balance spread, melted
3 cups D’Lites pumpkin ice cream
4 tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spices (or chili pepper for heat!)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter or spray a 9-inch pie plate and set aside.
2. In a small skillet over medium heat add the pecans and maple syrup and stir the pecans until they are coated in the maple syrup and it begins to crystallize. Be patient, this takes about 8 minutes. Remove the pecans, gently toss with spices, and let cool.
3. Combine the graham cracker crumb, agave syrup, and oil/Earth Blanace in a food processor and pulse until combined. Press into the pie plate. Bake for 8-10 minutes, just long enough to set, and then allow to cool.
4. Allow the ice cream to soften and press it firmly into the baked pie crust, smoothing the top with a spatula.
5. Freeze the pie for at least 4 hours.
How do you lighten up your Thanksgiving?? Share your secrets here!
We are proud to honor our active military every day with 10% off ice cream, but Veteran’s Day deserves a little something extra, don’t you think? On Monday November 11, 2013 D’Lites Tampa will offer all those who have served, past and present, 20% off ice cream treats. Topped, as always, with our heartfelt gratitude for your service.
D’lites has remodeled our Tampa location. We have painted the walls to make it feel more cozy inside our story and have also added new shelving for our Healthy Products that we sell. Along with the inside remodel of our story we have updated our logo. Come check out what we have done at the store and enjoy some of our tasty Low Fat ice cream.
Subscribe to our newsletter to get d'Lites updates and the Flavors of the Week Schedule.